To report suspected adult abuse, neglect or exploitation,
call your local department of social services or the 24-hour,
toll-free Adult Protective Services hotline at: (888) 832-3858
Join VCPEA and work with others to assure that elderly and disabled adults in Virginia live a life free of abuse, neglect and exploitation. Your membership in VCPEA makes you an active participant in the effort to ensure the rights and safety of vulnerable adults.
As a member, you can be a part of the following committees:
- Public Awareness Committee is responsible for activities related to increasing the public’s awareness of the issue of elder abuse. Sub-committees are the Annual Conference Committee, TAPAS Grants, and Social Media.
- Finance Committee monitors and promotes the fiscal health and well-being of the VCPEA.
- Advocacy and Outreach Committee is responsible for advocating for public policy that enhances the safety and well-being of older Virginians who are vulnerable to abuse, neglect, and exploitation.
- Membership Committee’s goal is to recruit and retain members.
- Nominating Committee presents a slate of qualified nominees to the Board of Directors.
- Executive Committee consists of all the elected officers of the Board (i.e., President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer).
- By-Laws Committee examines the By-Laws and recommends revisions not less than once every two years.
Membership Types and Rates:
· Lifetime Membership $1,000
· Annual Organizational Membership for up to Five Persons $200
· Annual Organizational Membership for Two Persons $90
· Annual Individual Membership $50
· Annual Retired Membership $25
· Annual Full-Time Student Membership $25
The membership year is from July 1 through June 30. To join VCPEA or renew your membership, download the membership application form.
Please mail this form with your check payable to VCPEA to:
P.O. Box 70054
Henrico, VA 23255
2018 VCPEA Board of Directors Meetings
The Virginia Coalition for the Prevention of Elder Abuse welcomes anyone to join them at their scheduled Board of Directors Meetings. This invitation is extended to both members and non-members alike. Particpation can either be done in person or through phone conferencing. Contact VCPEA for details.
All meetings are held from 10:30 to 12:30 unless otherwise specified.
- January 10, 2018 - Henrico, Virginia
- March 14, 2018 - Henrico, Virginia
- May 9, 2018 - Location TBA
- July 11, 2018 - Henrico, Virginia - Attendance in Person for All
- September 12, 2018 - Location TBA
- November 14, 2018 - Location TBA