To report suspected adult abuse, neglect or exploitation,
call your local department of social services or the 24-hour,
toll-free Adult Protective Services hotline at: (888) 832-3858
The Virginia Coalition for the Prevention of Elder Abuse (VCPEA) is pleased to announce the availability of a limited number of scholarships to the 2018 Annual Conference. The VCPEA conference scholarship is open to professionals in a variety of occupations who provide services to older adults and are interested in increasing their awareness of the issues of adult abuse, neglect or exploitation. The 2018 VCPEA conference will be the 24th annual event and will be held at the Kingsmill Resort (Williamsburg, VA) on May 30 - June 1, 2018.
Applications are encouraged from individuals serving older Virginians from all areas of the state. Check this website for conference information.
Scholarship recipients will receive:
• Free registration to the 2018 VCPEA conference
• $250.88 to cover the cost of 2 nights lodging at host hotel, to be paid at the conclusion of the conference
• A free one year membership to VCPEA
Conference scholarships will be open to:
1. Virginia residents working in professions that serve older adults;
2. First-time attendees and returning attendees who have not been to a conference in the past five years and who have not previously received a scholarship; and
3. You must obtain supervisor/manager approval to attend the conference prior to applying for the scholarship.
Complete each of the sections that follow. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY APRIL 6, 2018, 11:59PM (EST).
Follow this link to apply.